2018 Jan1 Demoday Changelog
Another demoday, another demo!
-Reworked the artsyle/shaders
- Gave up on trying to hue-shift shade environments
- Gave up on trying to make flat-shaded 3D assets.
- New texturing style that focuses on low-fi pixelart aesthetics
-Added the beginnings of quest-based objectives (ie get key, open door)
-Reworked some animations and stats
- It should be harder to run out of stamina with defending, dodging, attacking, but special abilities still drain a lot
- Made defending more lenient on the animation side
- Changed input queue; you can queue attacks (such as combos) with a click, rather than having to hold buttons now. (current time window is 0.3s)
-Worked on sounds and juice
- Various SFX rework (dodge)
- new Enemy sfx
- New effects for countering enemies
- Screenshake system
- Player getting hit produces screenshakes
- Heavy enemy attacks produce screenshakes
- Dynamic screenshake effects for massive objects hitting things while going fast
- footstep sounds for all entities
-Added 2 new enemies
- Stabby boi who is quick on his feet
- ì̵̛̯̕t̷̹̘͉̑ ̶̲̋̌͝s̸͇̯̔̉͜͜ë̶̬̩́̎̈́͘ṉ̵̻͔̇̅s̴̗̼̍e̸͙̻͓͓̿s̸̼̝̅ ̶̛̟̠̞̒y̵͖͋̽o̵͚̝̭͆͒̾u̶̡̞̫͓̾̐̓ ̸͔̙͈̽̈́͠n̸̯͆̾̑̾ẻ̶̼͓͈̿͝a̷̜̺̰̍̔͑r̶̞̓̅̚
-Doubled the level size
- Cliffside (20% WIP)
- Bandit camp (60% WIP)
-Added HP pickup system
- Most slain enemies drop HP pickups now.
- This system is designed so that if you cheese enemies by knocking them into the void, you won't get any hp back.
-Added drop shadows to enemies
-Implemented piercing attacks both for enemies and players.
-Fire FX and Toggle-able torches
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.